Painting as a career
Painting is such an art that is found only with a select few. In today’s time, millions of painters and sketch artists around the world are surprising people with their art. But sometimes it happens that these artists do not even reach where they should.
This happens friends because these artists are very confused about their career and many artists do not know how they can take their art to the world, and increase it. In this article it has been told that how you can make a career as a painter.
Painting as a career
What is painting? What is Painting?
Before becoming a painter or before making a career in painting, you should know that who is actually painting? Painting is a method in which a picture with a meaningful meaning is made using colors.
The person who makes such a picture is called a painter. Since the advent of cameras and photographs, the trend of people towards painting has reduced a lot, but it is not completely over yet.
What to read to become Painter
Although to become a good painter, there is no need of any kind of degree or diploma except art, but now since the development of education, many diploma and degree courses have been created for painting as well. You can proceed in two ways to become a painter.
The first way to make a career as a painter is that after class XII, you should do BFA ie Bachelor in Fine Arts course. After doing this course you can establish your career as a painter.
To do BFA, you must have at least 50% marks in class 12th. To do BFA, the stream taken in class XII does not matter, you can do BFA from any stream.
Another way to make a career as a painter is to do a course like Diploma in Sketch Art or Diploma in Painting after class XII. By doing this you can establish your career in painting.
What is the need of degree or diploma
As it is written above that to become a painter, art is required, not a degree or diploma, but a degree or diploma gives you a chance to prove yourself as a painter. Following are the advantages of pursuing a degree or diploma:
- Good companies can hire you after doing degree or diploma. A good company always has a crowd of people who want to work there, so if you have a degree or diploma along with art, then you will be given more preference.
- The second advantage of doing a degree or diploma is that friends, no one is fully skilled in any work. Any improvement that is required to become a skilled painter from a casual painter can be learned while studying for a degree or diploma.
Where I can learn painting and sketch art?
- Srishti Institute of Art and Design, Bangalore
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University
- Kamala Nehru College for Women
- Savitri Bai Phule University,
- Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj University, Kanpur
- Amity University
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Nims University
- University of Lucknow, Lucknow
- Patna University, Patna
- College of Arts, New Delhi
- GD Goenka University, Gurgaon
The above educational institutions offer Diploma and Degree in Painting and Sketch Art.
Earnings as a Painter
As a painter, your salary depends on your skill and mastery over your art. Many painters earn in lakhs and many painters in thousands.
After becoming a painter, an average of 30-40 thousand rupees can be earned per month.
The salary of a painter also depends on whether he has a diploma or degree, or how much experience he has, or where he is working. Painters working for multinational companies pick up packages worth crores.