Nursing Course full information
There is no need to say anything about nursing course. It has been running for ages, it is known as a nursing profession with the work of great English nurse Florence Nightingale. Nursing is the only one to take care of all types of physical and mental patients. Nurses have to take continuous care of the patients and give the prescribed time to the medicines given by the doctor.
They also assist to medical doctors and specialists in the operation theater and laboratories .
Nurses helps those patients who can not live a normal life for some reason and they help patients return to normal life in the event of a prolonged illness.
In addition to these normal activities, nurses can also get expertise in the following areas, care in childbirth, heart disease, intensive care, handicap and child care etc.
Nurse is not only about caring for sick people. There are other available opportunities for nurses: Job related to teaching, administration research.
The most interesting fact of this area is that most of the women are there, though now men have started showing interest in this profession.
What is Definition Of Nursing ?
According to the functionality of nurses, their roles can be divided in this way. Just like General Nurses, those hospitals, nursing homes and nursing staff are called the nurse. His main work includes care of patients, cooperation in the work of the doctor and administrative responsibilities.
After this Midwife: In this category, a nurse comes in, whose specialty is to take care of pregnant women and provide assistance during childbirth. Also work as a health worker.
Health workers who are providing medical services to people living in rural areas are called health workers.
How To Become A Nurse ?
People wishing to become a nurse can start this from different levels. You can start with the Assistant Nurses Midwife / Health Worker (ANM) course. The duration of this diploma course is one-and-a-half years and the minimum qualification is- Tenth pass.
You can also join General Nurses Midwifery course , which is for three and a half years .
Eligibility For Nursing
To enter nursing, it is compulsory to have to pass intermediate or 10 + 2 examination physics, chemistry, English, biology subject. Must be at least 55 percent marks in 10 + 2 or Intermediate examination.
There are many Types Of Course Available in Nursing Field
- Certificate Course
- Diploma Course
- Post Graduate Diploma
- Undergraduate Nursing
- Postgraduate Nursing
- Doctorate Nursing
If you want to make your profession only for nursing, it will be better to apply for ANM course after 10th, otherwise you can do GNM or BSc course after doing schooling.
1. Certificate Course
There are many Types of Certificate Course are Available
- Certificate in Home Nursing
- Certificate Course in Nursing
- Certificate Course in Auxiliary Nurse and Mid-wife
- Certificate in Health Care Waste Management (CHCWM)
- Certificate in Maternal and Child Health Care (CMCHC)
- Certificate in Primary Nursing Management (CPNM)
- Certificate course in Ayurvedic Nursing
2. Diploma Course
There are many Diploma Course details are mentioned below
Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery is a 3 to 4 year Diploma courses in Paramedical .
Candidates interested in GNM Nursing Course are required to be listed below the minimum criteria to be eligible to apply for the course.
- Successful Qualification of Class XII from a recognized academic board.
- Science as the main topics of study at the preference, 10 + 2 level.
- Minimum sum of 45% (40% for SC / ST / OBC candidates). For More About (G.N.M.) Click here…
Course details are mentioned below.
- Diploma in Emergency and Trauma Care Technician
- Diploma in Health Assistant (DHA)
- Diploma in Nursing Administration
- Diploma in Home Nursing (D.H.N.)
- Diploma in CVT Nursing
- Diploma in Nursing Education and Administration
- Diploma in Critical Care
- Diploma in Operation Room Nursing (PBDORN)
- Diploma in Neuro
- Diploma in Orthopedic & Rehabilitation
3. Post Graduate Diploma Course
- Post Graduate Diploma in Neo-Natal
- Post Graduate Diploma in Paediatric Critical Care
- Post Graduate Diploma in Critical Care
- Post Graduate Diploma in Emergency
4. Undergraduate Course
- B.Sc. (Hons.) – Bachelor of Science Honours
- B.Sc. (Nursing) – Bachelor of Science
B. Sc Nursing Course is 4 year under graduate program , if you have completed your 12th PCB/M , then you are eligible for this course. There are many college who offer this course as a branch of medicine.
- B.Sc. (Nursing) Post Certificate
5. Post graduate Nursing Course
- M.Sc. (Child Health)-Master of Science in Child Health
- M.Sc. (Community Health)-Master of Science in Community Health
- M.Sc. (Maternity )-Master of Science in Maternity
- M.Sc. (Medical Surgical)-Master of Science in Medical Surgicalg
- M.Sc. (Mental Health )-Master of Science in Mental Health
- M.Sc. (Nursing)-Master of Science
- M.Sc. (OBST. and Gyane)- Master of Science in OBST. and Gyane
- M.Sc. (Obstetrics and Gynecological)-Master of Science in Obstetrics and Gynecological
- M.Sc. (Paediatric)- Master of Science in Paediatric / Pediatric
- M.Sc. (Psychiatric)- Master of Science in Psychiatric
- P.B.B.Sc. -Post Basic Bachelor of Science
- M.D. (Midwifery)-Doctor of Medicine in Midwifery
- M.Phil. -Master of Philosophy
6. Doctorate Nursing Course
- Ph.D. – Doctor of Philosophy
There are Some specialized areas of nursing courses mentioned below
- Hospital Nursing Course
- Home Health Nursing Course
- Industrial Nursing / Occupational Health Course
- Military Nursing Course
- Pediatric Nursing Course
- Public Health Nursing / Community Health Nursing Course
- Psychiatric Nursing Course
Fees Structure of Nursing Course
The fees of nursing education depends on the institution. Government and affiliated colleges provide education at minimum fees than private institutions . Private institutions charge annual fees of 42,000 to 1,70,000 for the BSc Nursing course. There is a fee for the GNM course – between 45,000 and 1,45,000.
Job Opportunities After Nursing Course
Nurse is never left unemployed They easily get jobs in public or private hospitals, nursing homes, orphanages, old age homes, health centers, various other industries and defense services. There are many opportunities for them in the Indian Red Cross Society, Indian Nursing Council, State Nursing Councils and other nursing institutes. After ANM course, you get jobs as primary health workers in first aid centers spread across the country .
Nurse can do administrative work while learning in medical colleges and nursing schools . Entrepreneurs can start their own nursing bureau and work on their own terms.
In addition to the immense opportunities available in the country, nurses can go abroad in search of better opportunities , for which they have to obtain an international nursing certificate and follow certain conditions of living in the respective country.
Role and Designation After Nursing Course
The first task of a nurse is to provide medical care to the needy and take care of them.
Their functions can be divided into the following parts, General Nurses – Nurse in this category works in hospitals , nursing homes and other medical institutions.
Their job is to take care of patients, assist the doctor and perform administrative tasks.
Mid Wifes can assist doctors during the care and delivery of pregnant women.
They can also be classified on special features like Disabled Medical Nursing, Oncology Nursing, Cardio Thoracic Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing and Critical Care Nursing etc.
Recruitment Agency and Company List After Nursing Course
- Indian Nursing Council, various state-level nursing council
- Indian Red Cross Society
- All types of hospitals and nursing homes
- Various Nursing Schools and Organizations
- Defense Service
- Special organizations like orphanage and old age homes
- Institution and Industry
Salary After Nursing Course
Initially you can get monthly salary of 6 to 16 thousand rupees in this area. In mid-level positions Nurses get 18 to 32 thousand rupees . After experienced nurses can get monthly salary of 40 to 70 thousand rupees.