GNM Course Admission, College, Salary , Scope
GNM Course or General Nursing and Midwifery Course
GNM Course (Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery) is a 3 – 4 year Diploma course in Paramedics.
General Nursing and Midwifery Course focuses on the provision of care for individuals, families and communities.
The curriculum can be successfully followed by the successful completion of education of 10 + 2 level in Science section from the accredited educational board, in which the minimum 40% marks can be followed, in GNM nursing course usually involves compulsory completion of 6 month internship in discipline.
This professional, job-oriented curriculum stays in 3 to 4 years of education, in which the duration of institutions is different. This course can also be availed of on a part-time basis in some institutions of the country.
Candidates interested in following the GNM Course are required to be listed below the minimum criteria to be eligible to apply for the course.
1. Successful Qualification of Class XII from a recognized academic board.
2. Science as the main topics of study at the preference, 10 + 2 level.
3. Minimum sum of 45% (40% for SC / ST / OBC candidates).
The GNM Course is designed to achieve optimum health and quality of life from pregnancy to death, to maintain and retrieve the course.Ability such as clinical nurse specialist,
- Legal nurse consultant,
- Forensic nursing, in-charge and assistant,
- Teacher and junior lecturer,
- Travel nurse, receptionist and entry operator,
- Brand representative,
- Sales purchase assistant,
- Emergency room nurse,
- Midwife nurses etc.
The average annual salary given to successful professionals of discipline in India is between Rs. 3 lakh and Rs. 20 lakhs, with the experience and skill of the candidate.
GNM Course Duration – 4 years
Exam Type For GNM Course- Semester System / Yearwise
Qualification For GNM Course – with 10 + 2 science subjects with a total of 50% marks
Admission Procedure For GNM Course- Based on performance in the entrance examination
Course Fee For GNM Course – Rs 10,000 to Rs 4.5 Lakhs
Average initial salary For GNM Course- 3 to 20 lakh rupees per year
About GNM Course or General Nursing and Midwifery Course
Nursing is a specialty of dealing with ill and maternal care, as a profession, about the provision of help to mother during pregnancy.
The curriculum is essentially to increase the qualified and trained General Nurses, who can effectively work as part of the medical community for the early stage of the treatment industry.
The program is designed to enable qualified candidates to address the health needs of the country, community and individuals.
They can also pursue advanced studies and expertise in nursing while contributing to the health-based industry with patience, responsibility and dedication.
The ideal candidates for the course will be the alertness of mind, team spirit, behavior, compassion and physical fitness. Such professionals who are interested in higher studies in discipline can go for high degree programs in this subject.
You can also read discipline in successful professional related institutions.
Admission Procedure in GNM Course
Most of the courses offered by the syllabus enters students on the basis of performance in the relevant entrance examination. The admission procedure usually varies in colleges. Some institutes also provide direct admission on the basis of candidate’s performance at 10 + 2 level. Some of the entrance examinations conducted in the country for admission to the courses are listed below.
- MCD Nursing Entry
- MGM CET Nursing
- RHHS Nursing Entrance Exam
- Uttarakhand Nursing Entry
- Ames Nursing Entrance Exam
- BHU Nursing Entrance Exam
- JIPMER Nursing Entrance Exam
- PGIMER Nursing
- KIMS University Nursing Entry
Syllabus For GNM Course / GNM Nursing Course
- First Year Syllabus For GNM Course
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Behavioral Science
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- First Aid
- Personal Hygiene
- Community Health Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Environmental Hygiene
- Health Education & Communication skills
- Second Year Syllabus For GNM Course
- Medical Surgical Nursing I (including Pharmacology)
- Medical Surgical Nursing II (Specialities)
- Mental Health & Psychiatric Nursing
- Computer Education
- Third Year Syllabus For GNM Course
- Midwifery and Gynaecology
- Community Health Nursing II
- Paediatric Nursing
Diploma Career Prospects in GNM Course
The need for qualified and skilled nurses is prevalent throughout the world. Presently, the Nurse-patient ratio is currently low and depressing. Employment opportunities in this profession are available in private and government hospitals, industries, orphanages, nursing homes, old age homes, sanitarium and armed forces.
- Job Position- Forensic Nurse – Salary
Job Description- Forensic nurse adheres to those duties, which are typically quite specific in comparison to nurses. We are responsible for the classification of roles, including assessing and caring for the victims of assault, child and major abuse, domestic abuse, neglect and sexual offenses. In addition of the treatment of dead people, forensic nurse collects and preserves evidence.
Average annual pay scale – 5 to 7 lakh.
- Job Position – Clinical Nurse Expert – Salary
Job Description- Clinical nurse specialists work in doctor’s facilities, hospitals, clinics, medical centers and other health centers. They are typically specialized in special areas, like gerontology, cardiovascular health, or public policy.
- Job Position – Legal Nurse Consultant – Salary
Job Description- Legal Nurse Consultants are registered nurses attendants who provide medical data to experts about legal institutions and medical matters. Expert consultation can form gauges of care, survey of medical records, or preparation of reports and preparation of wounds or diseases.
Average annual pay scale – 5 to 7 lakh
- Job Position – Professor – Salary
Job Description- Professor teaches students a wide range of subjects at secondary level. They provide scholarly articles, do research, and instruct in discipline.
Average annual pay scale – 9 to 12 lakh
- Job status- Travel nurse – Salary
Job Description- A travel nurse is a healthcare professional, who helps the sick or home patients, or helps the medical offices with a lack of staff. Some travel nurse goes between hospitals, schools and clinics.
Average annual pay scale – 2.5 to 5 lakh
Top Institutions of India offering GNM Course
- Government Medical College – [GMC], Nagpur, Nagpur, Maharashtra
- NIMS University, Jaipur Jaipur, Rajasthan
- University of AYUSH and Health Sciences – [AHSU], Raipur Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- Government Medical College / Rajindra Hospital- [GMCP], Patiala
- Kalikat University, Kalikat , Kerala
- Post Graduate Medical Education and Research Institute – [IPGME], Kolkata Kolkata, West Bengal
- Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute – Karnataka
- Banaras Hindu University – Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamilnadu
- Armed Forces Medical College – [AFMC], Pune Pune, Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research – [JIPMER], Pondicherry, Puducherry
- Madras Medical College – [MMC], Chennai Chennai, Tamilnadu
- Sri Ramchandra University, Chennai Chennai, Tamilnadu
- Andhra University College of Science and Technology Visakhapatnam
- Bharati Vidyapeeth University – [BVU], Pune Pune, Maharashtra