B Pharmacy Course , Admission, Scope, Salary
B Pharmacy Course , Admission , Scope,Salary
Bachelor of Pharmacy which is also known as B. Pharm or B Pharmacy . B Pharm is a four year undergraduate course. After completing these courses, you will receive the ‘Bachelor of Pharmacy’ degree.
After completing this course you can also practice Pharmacist in India or go abroad too. Students of Science stream are Eligible for B Pharmacy after passing 12th standard from Mathematics or Biology.
In general , students with biology prefer to go with pharmacy line. Let me now explain to you about basic introduction, course information, eligibility criteria, admission information, PG course and job in B Pharm
The main function of a pharmacist is to provide medicines for patients. This shows that in B Pharm, you have to study biology, pharmaceutical chemistry, biochemistry, physiology etc. After doing this course, the student has to be prepared to do different types of work in the pharmaceutical industry.
The role of pharmacist in India is very limited , but their scenario is very different from abroad . The role of pharmacists in abroad is very important and the respect is also high.
Eligibility For B Pharm
- Eligibility For B Pharm is 10+2 with PCB or PCM .
- You should also have 50% marks, 10 2 or in aquiline with in biology / mathematics as well as the subjects or D. pharma. (Diploma in Pharmacy) should be complete.
- There is also an option to get admission in Direct Second Year Batter (Lateral Entry) if your aggregate marks are 50% in first and second year
- D. Pharmacy pass examination Acquired with Physics Chemistry Biology and Mathematics Then Minimum Qualifying Marks in 10 + 2 Examination with Pass in D. Pharmacy Course. Stage of Marx’s criteria Institute to the Institute may be different.
Admission Process in B Pharm
For Admission in B Pharm , the student must pass at least 50 percent marks in PCM or PCB. Many institutes are enrolled on merit basis, in which the merit list is prepared based on the marks found in the board exam. Apart from this, eligible students in many Deemed Universities and recognized private institutes get seats based on the marks obtained in the entrance test.
Course Duration OF B. Pharma
The Course Duration of B Pharmacy is 4 years and it is divided in 8 semester.
B Pharmacy Course Fees
The fees of B Pharmacy or B. Pharma in depends on college and cities . The average fees of B Pharmacy or B. Pharma id Rs. 60000.00 To Rs. 95000 per year. Some Private college provide scholarship of full fees.
Scope Of B Pharmacy or B. Pharma
After completing the Bachelor of Pharmacy or B Pharmacy , you can pursue Post Graduate, so for those students who want pursue a Master’s Degree, they can move one step further to M.Pharma .
M.Pharma, called Master of Pharmacy, is a two-year PG course. After completing PG course , graduate can specialize in any particular field. After this you can go for advanced studyies like PhD and exploration field.
After doing master of Pharmacy, he can also make his career as a Lecturer. Many students also want to do business in this field by MBA.
Top Recruiters For B Pharmacy
- Sun Pharmaceuticals
- Glaxo Smith Kline India
- Abbott India
- Hospitals and Clinics (Government and Private)
- Medical Shop chains
- Drugs and Pharmaceutical Boards
Career & Job After B Pharmacy
There is lots of offer and opportunity in pharmacy sector for those who completed his B Pharmacy Course. There is also huge number of opportunity available in private and government sector.
After completion of the B Pharmacy course you can also make your career in Marketing field, as Production Manager, Area Manager , Medical Representative or Pharmaceutical Management. After Successfully completion of B Pharmacy student can work as
- Pathological Lab
- Health Inspector
- Hospital Drug Coordinator
- Drug Therapist
- Drug Inspector
- Bio-Technology Industries
- Chemical/Drug Technician
- Research Officer
- Research & Development
- Making Prescription to Patients
Salary After B Pharmacy
There are many employment opportunity available in India in Pharmacy sector. The starting salary for a fresher is Rs. 10000 To Rs. 20000 per month. After experience in this field you can earn approx 9 Lakh To 12 Lakh per year.
- Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore
- JSS College of Pharmacy, Ootacamund
- Amrita School of Pharmacy, Kochi
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi
- Bombay College of Pharmacy, Mumbai
- Institute of Pharmacy, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- Poona College of Pharmacy, Pune
- Jamia Hamdar, New Delhi
- University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigarh
- Dr. Harisingh Gour Vishwavidyalaya-Sagar Madhya Pradesh
- Banasthali Vidyapith Banasthali Rajasthan
- Sri Ramachandra University Chennai Tamil Nadu
- Andhra University Visakhapatnam Andhra Pradesh
- JSS College of Pharmacy Ootacamund Tamil Nadu
- Nirma University Ahmedabad Gujarat
- Bombay College of Pharmacy Mumbai Maharashtra
- Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research New Delhi
- Annamalai University Annamalainagar Tamil Nadu
- Birla Institute of Technology Ranchi Jharkhand
As per prescribed by Universities ,The Syllabus are following
1. Pharmaceutical Analysis I
2. Remedial Mathematical Biology
3. Pharmacognosy I
4. Pharmaceutical Chemistry I (Inorganic Pharmaceutical Chemistry)
5. Basic Electronics & Computer Applications
Syllabus Sem. II
1. Pharmaceutics I (Physical Pharmacy)
2. Advanced Mathematics.
3. Pharmaceutical Chemistry II (Physical Chemistry)
4. Pharmaceutical Chemistry III (Organic Chemistry I)
5. Anatomy, Physiology & Health Education (APHE) I
Syllabus Sem. III
1. Pharmaceutics II (Unit Operations I, including Engg. Drawing)
2. Pharmaceutical Chemistry IV (Organic Chemistry II)
3. Pharmacognosy II
4. Pharmaceutical Analysis II
5. AP HE-II
Syllabus Sem. IV
1. Pharmaceutics – III (Unit Operations II)
2. Pharmaceutical Microbiology
3. Pharmacognosy III
4. Pathophysiology of Common Diseases
5. Pharmaceutics IV (Dispensing & Community Pharmacy)
Syllabus Sem. V
1. Pharmaceutical Chemistry – V (Biochemistry)’
2. Pharmaceutics V (Pharmaceutical Technology I)
3. Pharmacology I
5. Pharmaceutics VI (Hospital Pharmacy)
Syllabus Sem. VI
1. Pharmaceutical Chemistry (Medicinal Chemistry I)
2. Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence & Ethics
3. Pharmaceutics VII (Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics)
4. Pharmacology II
5. Pharmacognosy V (Chemistry of Natural Products)
Syllabus Sem. VII
2. Pharmaceutics VIII (Pharmaceutical Technology II
3. Pharmaceutical Industrial Management
4. Pharmacology III
5. Pharmaceutical Chemistry VII (Medicinal Chemistry II)
7. Elective (Theory)
Syllabus Sem. VIII
1. Pharmaceutics IX
2. Pharmaceutical Analysis III
3. Pharmaceutical Chemistry VIII (Medicinal Chemistry III)
4. Pharmacognosy VI
5. Pharmacology IV (Clinical Pharmacy & Drug Interactions)
6. Project related to Elective